Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Gus and Us

We got an adorable puppy in June.  His name is GUS and he is just the best!  He's smart, very loving, and loves to play with the cats (they, on the other hand, are not so sure)  So?  How does Gus lead to crafting?  Well, I vowed that we will try to give Gus his dignity and not dress him in adorable sweaters, costumes, or other adornments.  I have to admit, that I'm tempted to "gussy" him up, but for now...he's safe!

Gus was so little when we brought him home that he had to wear a cat collar.  (Oh, the shame!)  Being an enthusiastic new pet owner, I spent WAY TOO MUCH MONEY on a fancy-schmancy collar from the pet store until I realized that the lunch bag handles I had been making could easily be converted into a doggie collar with some simple "hardware" from Joanne's fabrics.  There's also a website that sells collar kits (for dogs and cats) called "Creative Designworks" at www.cdwplus.com.  They have all kinds of supplies.

Now, Gus has collars for every holiday.  I didn't make one for Halloween because that was the one I spent too much money on at the pet store.  Next year...for sure!  He looks great no matter what he's wearing!  Maybe a red bow tie for New Year's Eve?  We'll see.


No comments:

Post a Comment