Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A Lonely Mitten

A lonely, little mitten creature is finally getting his partner.  Righty and Lefty!   I ordered the yarn and pattern online from Morehouse Farm in Red Hook, NY (www.morehousefarm.com), but I'm not thrilled with the pattern instructions or the feel of the yarn.  I started "lefty" this summer, but now I need to finish "righty" for the Mitten Tree.  I also have a pattern for a pair of mittens that look like penguins.  So cute!

That's the trouble with things in pairs (mittens and socks!)  The first one is always fun.  The second one....been there, done that.  How many half-pair of socks have I made in my life?  It's the knitters curse - always something else that you want to start.  Only self-discipline (or a little bit of knitters guilt) makes you finish the pair.

This is an easy knit, so if I stick to it, it might be finished by next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment