Thursday, December 1, 2011

Santa!

Hard to believe that we're already at December 1st.  The count-down to concerts and Christmas begins for real. Actually, for a family of 3 music teachers, the holidays began weeks/months ago.  Although I'm not a big fan of teaching"Christmas music" (bah humbug on me), I do love the holidays.

I love to sing carols and I love listening to my favorite holiday songs (old and new.)  I just don't like TEACHING Christmas songs.  It takes a big chunk out of the limited time I have with children.  Still, they love it,  and they truly do sing like angels.  I'm very conscious that not everyone celebrates Christmas and I try to choose a variety of holiday and non-holiday songs for our concerts.

It doesn't matter WHAT they sing, I am moved almost every day with how beautiful they can be. Goosebumps! I have to be careful to not get all weepy.  I don't want to be that old, crazy, crying music teacher!   I'm just the old, LUCKY (and probably crying a little) music teacher.

We have a new fireplace (and basement renovation) so it will be fun to decorate our new family room.  I know that the old Christmas stockings will be hanging on the new mantel for Santa.  I knitted the two on the left for John and I when we got married (32 years ago!)  As the girls were born, I added new stockings.

 Jill and Jakob have stockings (this photo is from their first apartment, I believe) and next year I'll make some for Meredith and Alex.

Gus will need a special puppy stocking, too!  There's always a list of things I want to knit!

No comments:

Post a Comment