Saturday, March 31, 2012

Spring Break!!!

Let the crafting begin!

I've had a busy, but fun couple of weeks. I went to West Virginia for the children's all state choir and a presentation about singing and writing for the teachers. It was a wonderful, wonderful experience. I was surrounded by great teachers and I came home so inspired. The children sang beautifully and the whole group had such a special feeling about it. Althought I sometimes think of teaching and conducting as a "craft" of sorts, that weekend definitely qualified as art!  This is the soprano side of the choir!



I also had a concert at my own school with the third grade classes. Such lovely young singers. Sometimes I think I need to check my ears...am I really hearing what I think I'm hearing? Yes. They sing beautifully and the look like they love what they're doing. I know they were proud of themselves.

So those are TWO reasons why I haven't been crafting. I've made a couple of clutches as birthday gifts for friends and relatives, but just variations on the theme. I learned how to make fabric rosettes, but nothing particularly picture-worthy (besides, a couple of the goodies are still surprises!)



Now I have a whole week to play around. I have some ideas and I spent the morning
at Jo-Ann Fabric! I'm ready!

1 comment:

  1. Just so natural for you to be up there in front of children. Is that a new suit?

    ReplyDelete