Sunday, September 30, 2012

Something Fun for He and Her

One of the 4th grade teachers at our school is having twins!  A new baby girl and baby boy are expected in early December.  I decided to make a little welcome gift for the babies (and to secretly practice my upcoming Grandma skills), but instead of knitting booties, I made some shoes.  So fun and although so tiny, it was easy. I truly felt like the elves in the Shoemaker and the Elf fairytale.  I made them overnight!

This is for SHE: Pleated toe MaryJanes in pink and purple polka dots
This is for HIM: Baby loafers!


And for THEY:  Stylin' little soft shoes (lined with super soft terrycloth)  The belt and buckle have velcro underneath the buttons.  Hard to tell in the photo, but the soles are only 3 inches long.  Teeny tiny, but I bet they'll still be too big when the twins are born.

  The pattern was free and found at a blog called schwinandschwin.blogspot.com.  John suggested that I make another pair for GUS (MaryJanes for the front paws and loafers for the back??)

2 comments: