Sunday, October 21, 2012

Baby Steps

The new mommy has decided on some fabric colors and patterns, so I'm starting to make the crib skirt. This is the first panel.  So far...so good!  I'm worried about getting the chevron patterns to line up across the pleat.  It seems easy so far, which makes me wonder what I might be leaving out.


I just need to make two long panels and two short panels then attach them to a middle piece that fits until the mattress.  

No idea if the baby is a B or a G, but these colors are neutral and cheerful for either gender. Love it!!!  After the skirt is finished, I'm going to tackle some bumpers.  That will be quite a project!  I would like to get everything finished to take with us when we visit Minnesota at Christmas.

2 comments:

  1. YAY YAY YAY! I love this so much can't wait to see it finished and in the baby's room!! Thanks Mom!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. u know, these things are available in stores??! (but not as cute as your creations, of course)

    ReplyDelete