Saturday, April 21, 2012

Just too Cute?

Pardon me while I harken back to the good ol' days when my children were babies (even before we knew they were going to be girls!!!) Back in my early crafting days, I sewed hooded baby bath towels. I remember making a duckie when Jill was born and a teddy bear when we were expecting Meredith.  I also remember making some frogs and other adorable critters to give away to friends who were having babies.

I haven't thought about this craft for nearly 30 years (ouch! that seems old-lady-ish), but we have a friend at work who is expecting a baby after years of hoping and trying for another child.  That's a sure cause for celebration, so a secret baby shower is in the works.  Isn't it always the case that a blessing comes just after you've given everything away or sold all the baby things at a garage sale??

Ta-da!! I remembered the hooded towels and came up with this inspiration during the week:  Pink Puppies (they just got a new dog, too!)  Yes...the new baby is "most likely" a girl, although I may make another towel that is more gender- neutral to include with the gift as back-up.  It was fun to make (after all these years)  I especially love the ears and the polka dots!




I also had an idea for little booties.  Here's the "proto-type" but I'm not happy with the color (too yellowish). I have more yarn in my stash and I'll try again.  Also, the booties seem too big for a newborn. I'll adjust the needle size and see what I get.  It was a one evening, watching tv project after a long and sort of stressful week.  Felt good to do something tangible!

1 comment:

  1. so cute! although let's not get all "old lady" when talking about how long I've been alive, ok?!?! the 30 birthday is looming... :) love you!

    ReplyDelete