Sunday, May 13, 2012

Lost My Mojo?

I've had one kitchen cooking catastrophe after another in the past few weeks.  I'm not even sure I could successfully boil water these days.  I've eaten a bad egg (after Easter), cooked with curdled creme, under -cooked (but served it anyway) fish, left out ingredients, and burned a batch of rhubarb jam.  My, oh my!  From here on out the only thing I'll be making is dinner reservations!  Hopefully this bad cooking curse leaves me soon!

On the other hand, I've been sewing and crafting like crazy.  Several things are still in the "secret" stage because they are for end-of-the-year thank you gifts, or for the July wedding.  Still, I can share two photos of recently completed lunch bags with "educational" themes:  school days and the wise old owl!


The school days bag has a yellow lining with a blue insert under the zipper to expand the lunch bag.  The owl has a green zipper and lining with an (unseen in this photo) cream colored inset behind the zipper.


PS)  The lettuce is up ever-so-slightly in the garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment