Sunday, November 11, 2012

NOT Taylor Swift

After hours and hours of winding yarn into balls - and untangling messes that come with that process - I finally purchased a new toy to make it easier.  This is called a "SWIFT" and it takes the place of holding the skein of yarn between two arms, on the back of a chair, or even with my own feet! The swift holds the skeins while they are wound up using a ball winder (it has a handle like a cranking car window).




Many yarn shops will wind yarn for you - some for free and some will do it for a small charge.  Either way, it takes quite awhile to wait your turn for the yarn to be wound.  This way, I can do it myself on an "as needed" basis.  I have yet to find a yarn shop on-line that will send the yarn pre-wound.

This will come in handy for the next knitting project getting started - hopefully, this week sometime.


UPDATE:  Here's the swift in action with the yarn ball winder.



2 comments:

  1. so awesome! as I was winding my yarn just this afternoon I thought of these cool things! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me thinks you ladies ought to go into business winding people's yarn for them --- or selling it pre-wound at a mark-up. THERE'S A MARKET FOR THIS OUT THERE, FOLKS! Maybe Dave would give you a start-up loan through Fifth Third.

    ReplyDelete