Sunday, January 29, 2012

February Lady Sweater

That's the name of this pattern on Ravelry.com.  Is it a coincidence that I'm also a "February lady?"  Idon't think so!

I've already made this pattern for myself (in off-white), but now I'm starting one for my daughter.  We went to my favorite yarn shop on Saturday (Sheep's Clothing in Valparaiso) and picked out a lovely grey super wash yarn.  They've ordered the yarn and it should be delivered just in time for knitting on a couple of long flights coming up in February and March.  We're going  Las Vegas  in February and I'm traveling to Pittsburgh (for the honor choir in West Virginia)  I love to knit on planes and the time passes so quickly in airports!

In the meantime, other than hemming pants and sewing buttons, I made a sparkly beret for Kelley (one of our fantastic 2nd grade teachers).  She'll be a "cool, hep-cat" at the Coffee House Poetry readings. It's not a very good picture of the beret, but the sparkles are awesome!

2 comments:

  1. How about a sweater for your good bud? I wouldn't mind it in July. Speaking of which...any b'day ideas? And, yes, hemming, sewing buttons, etc., is ALL crafty to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummm, which daughter?!?!? I'm guessing not me since I didn't help pick out any yarn.... :)

    ReplyDelete