Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year

And a new sweater.  I began this project on a flight out (and back) to California in late October.  Some people collect frequent flyer miles, I guess I have frequent knitting miles.  I put the project on hold when I returned home so I could start on some Christmas gifts and other surprises.  I picked it up again during winter break and finished on New Year's Eve afternoon.  This photo is pre-blocking.  The little bumps and irregularities should smooth out once the blocking is finished.


The lace pattern was very simple, but it was definitely something I had to keep track of.  I think I spent as much time taking out rows as adding them.  All's well, now that it's finished.  This pattern is called February Lady Sweater by Pamela Wynne.  She describes it as "a swingy lace cardigan made to fit a grown-ass woman."  Well, well, well.

This sweater will stay at work to combat the fluctuating temperatures during the winter.  That's why I chose the Cascade 220 superwash yarn in off-white.  It's a BASIC, EVERY DAY sweater that was fun to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment