Friday, June 8, 2012

Doubling My Efforts

I was sorting through my (considerable) stash of fabrics and crafting materials today and realized that I really need to do something with the bits and pieces of fabric scraps I have. I thought of a new way to make the clutch purses I've been sewing. This bag is made from four pieces of fabric about the size of a standard piece of paper (8 1/2 by 10).  Grey on the outside, but just plain white for the lining

 I doubled the size of my original pattern, added more pockets on the inside, and closed it with a metal clasp to have a folded clutch bag.  

 Unfolded - 8 x 10 inches





This black fabric flower has been worn on sweaters and dresses, but It had broken off the safety pin and was sitting in my jewelry box, waiting for a new use.   I like the little pop of red in the fabric on the folded side.


It's a deep bag with three pockets.  One is rather large and the other two are side by side to hold keys and/or my cell phone and Chapstick.  I never leave home without those essentials.  (Actually, I don't mind leaving the phone at home, but Chapstick?  NEVER!!)





Funny thing?  I've had this material for (maybe) a year, but I've never sewn anything out of it. I don't even remember why I bought it in the first place.  I must've had a plan for it at one time or another, but  I just couldn't "see" it as anything.  Now that I have the bag finished, I really, really like the look of the material.  Was it just "meant to be"?

No comments:

Post a Comment