Monday, June 4, 2012

Odds and Ends at the End of School

School is finished for the year with students, but I still have a zillion little things to take care of before I can really let it all be behind me.  TRUE CONFESSIONS:  I did not clean out any cabinets or my desk.  I just kept shoving stuff in there - out of sight.  I'll be going back for a clean out day, plus I've scheduled a choir rehearsal for later in the month.  I'll do it then (she says with hopeful sincerity and just a little bit of self-doubt!)

I was semi-productive and put up a new hallway decoration, all ready for next year.  My school building will be hosting summer classes, so those children should have something fun to look at!  I actually started this project back in March, but just didn't have time to complete it.


The school of solfege fish (get it?  scales??) replace my much loved do re mi minions from "Despicable Me"  The kiddies LOVED the minions and touched them every time they entered and exited the music room.  The minions had seen better days and will now take a place inside the room (where they can't be reached by small hands)  I asked our parents volunteer to laminate these guys, hoping they'll last a bit longer.  You can't see in the photo, but I put googley eyes on each fish.  You know the kids will touch those!! (I bought extra replacements)

No comments:

Post a Comment