Tuesday, June 26, 2012

So, then I was thinking...

Okay, if I can make the Santa placemats, what other holiday-themed idea could I create?  Rompin' Reindeer!  I sketched out the design using basic shapes (thanks to every art teacher I've ever worked with) and got the proportions right by using an existing placemat on our table.  Off to Joann Fabrics for the background materials (a nice red plaid intended for men's shirts, I think) and a good rummage through my scrap bag, then voila!  Here's the prototype.  I wanted to complete one placemat and work out the bugs before I committed myself to the "assembly line."



I don't want to be one of those half-finished-project kind of people and so far, so good.  I have a couple fun things "in process" but nothing has been abandoned!  Besides, I have until December to finish the Santa and the Reindeer placemats.  No problem!!??





1 comment: