Sunday, August 19, 2012

An Apple for the Teacher

Well, an Apple iPad cover, anyway.  I don't know WHAT possessed me, but yesterday morning, I made a new iPad cover - without a pattern!!  Actually, the need came from not being able to find my iPad sleeve/cover since I used it coming and going from the wedding in Colorado.  I knew it was in the house...someplace!  That tells you more than you need to know about my organizational skills for the non-essential items.  If I need something, I know where it is.  If it's just "one of those things" not important to my everyday life or work tools, the items often end up in odd places (like the last place I used them, and then forgot!)  Yes, I end of wasting a lot of time looking for stuff...c'est la vie.

So, I measured the iPad, added some "give" for seams,  cut out a pattern from waxed paper just to be sure, then went to work.  Again...everything from the endless craft bag.  I had fusible fleece, bias tape and red plaid material left over from the placemats. The polka dot material is from the reindeer apron.  No wonder this looks familiar (and kind of Christmas-y!?)


Front with red button for decoration
Plain back
Inside with velcro closure



Kinda cute!  Now, I think I'll make some others as "welcome back to school" gifts for the teachers I eat lunch with everyday.  This is the easiest thing to do and I'm pretty proud of myself for thinking of it.  It literally is sewing 4 seams and three of them involve bias tape.  It doesn't get much more simple than that!

PS)  My original cover was sitting on the table next to the couch...Exactly where I used it last.  Duh.









No comments:

Post a Comment