Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Something That's Hot/Cool

I've found another lunch bag pattern - one that I like even better than my usual zippered lunch bag. This one is insulated and will keep lunches HOT or COLD until lunch time.

The pattern is from one of the many craft blogs and web sites I continuously stalk (I mean, read)  This pattern is called Betty's Lunch Sack and it's from the Craftsy.com site.


The pattern calls for just under a yard of cotton material:  5/8 for the outside and 3/8 for the lining. I used left-overs from another purse project, so I had enough purple flower for the outside and handles and a coordinating paisley inside for the zipper panels.

I used another scrap of purple print for the lining.  I also had 3/8 of a yard of Insulbrite (padded insulation) left over from the casserole carrier project from last fall.  The only supply I needed to purchase was the zipper!


I love the new challenge, and now that I've made the pattern once, it is NOT at all difficult.  As a matter of fact, I think it has fewer steps than the other zippered bag pattern I'm been making.  It took less than an hour to sew, once all the pieces were cut to specifications.  Even that, was just measuring and cutting different sized rectangles!

Here's to some yummy peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for the coming school year!


No comments:

Post a Comment