Sunday, August 26, 2012

I can keep a secret

Sure, I can keep a secret.  I just can't keep it for very long!

Someone I know (and whom I love) is having a baby!  Not just ANY baby, but a GRANDBABY! I think the news is still hers to tell as she wants, but now that our family members know (that's YOU, Kim, Tony, Barbara, and Randy), I can post my joy!

I got the first hint months ago (well before the fact) when I was told about a cute baby blanket pattern.  I kept the pattern in the back of my mind until we got the first inkling that a baby might be on the way.  I got out my needles and went to work!

The color scheme matches their home decor with yellows and grays.
TOP to BOTTOM: Lemongrass, lemonade, stone, tulip, drift, smoke and slate

Once I knitted down to the drift color, I wondered if should I stick with grays or possibly put in some blue - just in case? (I'm going on record here saying I had a dream that the baby was a boy.)

Powder and Navy or Smoke and Slate?

Honestly, there's not much difference, but we decided to stick with the neutral gray tones.  When I first saw the pattern, I was not a fan of the chevron pattern.  I thought it would be a pain to knit, but I was sooo wrong.  It was a lot of fun!


So, no matter baby boy or baby girl, it will be a much loved BABY, just like his/her Mommy (and Daddy)  

If we get to know the baby's gender before birth, or even the nursery colors, I have another great blanket pattern I'm excited to knit.  One of the teachers at school is having a baby girl in December, so I may start knitting for that blessed event as my next knitting project.



2 comments: