Saturday, August 11, 2012

Mini angels

Angel food cake is my favorite, but I've never had angel food cupcakes.  What shouldn't this work? I gave it a try thinking that worst thing that could happen would be that I'd have to eat a bunch of bad cupcakes.

I used the egg yolks for making ice cream last week, so I had plenty of egg whites to give this a try.  I used my regular angel food cake recipe (probably from Alton Brown or some one on the Food Network) and filled up 18 cupcakes.  They took a bit longer to bake than normal, but there's lots of yummy crust on all of them.

I have a feeling that they might lose some of their "fluff" (as an angel cake might do, too), but the first try looks pretty good.  I'll add some sweetened strawberries on the side and this will be dessert for our special dinner tonight.  Happy Anniversary to us!


No comments:

Post a Comment