Monday, July 23, 2012

Zig-Zag-Zow! Update on the Sunshine Bag

It's almost 100 degrees here today (definitely the high 90s)  It's too hot to knit, but it's not too hot to put the finishing touches on the zig-zag sunshine bag!

First of all, I don't know why I picked this color!?!  I really don't like the color yellow (in general). I always think of Meredith as a two year old who went through her "No yike it yeddo" stage where she wouldn't play with anything yellow, wear anything yellow, or eat anything yellow.  My feelings aren't as strongly against yellow as hers were, and I also think she's grown out of it! This yellow yarn was fun at the beginning, but then it started to get annoying...

The pattern was what I wanted to try, and with a couple of exceptions and adaptations on my part, I like the way it turned out.  I really like the two-pocket fold made from the zig-zag on the front - very clever designer.

This was a wool felted project, so the pre-wash looked like this:


The finished project is about 10 inches across.  Quite a bit of felting.


I changed the sides to give a more tulip shape at the top of the bag (easier to dig into!)  I also changed the handles to make it a shoulder bag instead of the cross-body type, as was designed.  I added a loop and knot closure, but may replace that if and when I run across an interesting button for the front.



Also, I added a multi-print blue lining with yet another pocket on the inside to finish the project.





1 comment: